Do you have what it takes to wear this shirt?
If yes, then we want you!
In return for your hard work and dedication we’ll provide support, training and boundless gratitude.
Volunteers are vital to the lives of homeless pets in Durham. APS Volunteers pledge at least two hours a week to socializing cats or dogs, assisting with clerical needs, working with our Education Committee or filling other needs.
All volunteers must commit to volunteering at least eight hours a month for at least six months, attend an orientation and complete necessary training before beginning work at APS. If you have what it takes to be an APS volunteer and you want to know more email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Orientations have limited space. Priority will be given to volunteers able to fill our highest needs.)
- Weekday dog and puppy volunteers
- Cat Volunteers
- Education Committee Volunteers (bilingual a plus!)
Learn more about volunteering…
…to socialize cats and kittens.
…to walk dogs and socialize puppies.
…to work at our front desk.
…to join our Education Committee.
…to foster cats, kittens, dogs or puppies.
…to assist with fundraising and/or marketing.
APS Volunteer General Requirements:
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age (We have limited opportunities for teens which require volunteering with a parent or guardian. Please ask for more information).
- Volunteers must work at least 8 hours per month and commit to volunteer for at least six months.
- Volunteers must also be able and willing to follow the procedures we have in place for the safety of both our animals and volunteers.
- All Volunteers must attend an orientation and complete necessary training before they begin.
- We do not accept volunteers who are required to volunteer for court ordered or attorney recommended community service and we are not able to validate volunteer hours for such purposes.
- If you would like to volunteer outside of the shelter with Education, Marketing or Fundraising, please email email@example.com for requirements.