The Animal Protection Society of Durham is actively recruiting dedicated week-day volunteers to walk dogs and socialize cats available for adoption.
- available on weekdays?
- able and willing to walk as many as ten dogs or socialize ten cats?
- not worried about being wet, cold, or hot (for dog volunteers)?
- a big dog AND a little dog person (for dog volunteers)?
- willing to play with active kittens AND cuddle with lap cats (for cat volunteers)?
- willing to give at least two hours a week, sign up for shifts in advance, and call us when you can’t make it?
If yes, then we want you! In return for your hard work and dedication we will provide support, training, and boundless gratitude.
All volunteers who work directly with pets will start training to volunteer with either cats or dogs. For questions or to sign up for a volunteer orientation, email our volunteer coordinator, Stephanie Kirby, at email@example.com.