Part-Time Behavior Assistant
Job Summary: This position will assist the behavior department in daily tasks and assist the Behavior Manager in growing the behavior program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist Behavior Manager in various tasks, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with creating behavior profiles
- Creating and updating signage
- Assist with implementing behavioral plans
- Taking and maintaining inventory of behavior paraphernalia
- Other tasks as assigned.
· Assist in handling and assessing the behavior of animals at the shelter.
· Ability to work every Saturday.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional and compassionate customer service
- Knowledge of reading animal body language and signals
- Knowledge of animal handling
- Knowledge of positive training techniques
- Knowledge of common medical and behavioral issues for animals
- Knowledge of shelter standards of care
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Chameleon software
- Ability to remain calm in often highly emotional and stressful situations involving the public
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma
- Previous customer service as well as animal shelter experience highly desired
- CPDT, KPA, or equivalent preferred
- Bilingual preferred
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15 /hour
**Please include a cover letter with your resume. Email to email@example.com with the job title as the subject line.***