HELP US CLEAR THE SHELTER!
APS is excited to once again be a part of Clear the Shelters! This pet adoption effort is in its’ 7th year with WRAL, which helps pets find their forever home. We encourage you to adopt & donate as part of Clear The Shelters from August 23rd to September 18th. Then mark your calendars for our Clear the Shelters adoption event on September 18th! We welcome you to come by from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. to find your new best friend.
BONUS: Win when you adopt! Every adopter during the Clear The Shelters promotion between August 23rd through September 18th can enter a drawing to win a grand prize of a professional photography shoot of their new pet with their family, courtesy of Assorted Poppies Photography. In addition, the winner will get their choice of a dog, cat or small animal prize package. The winner will be drawn live during the Clear The Shelters event on September 18th.
What to Expect:
- A select amount of animals have their adoption fees waived. Remember: our fees include a medical exam, spay/neuter surgery (when applicable), vaccines, a behavior evaluation, a microchip, and lots of love!
- Please ensure you have no COVID-19 symptoms, have not been exposed to anyone with COVID-19, wear your mask (regardless of vaccination status), and practice social distancing and hand sanitizing inside the shelter.
- APS will has extended hours on Saturday. We will be open from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. for adoptions. Adoption visits will end at 2:30 p.m.
- There may be lines and weather is unpredictable, so please come prepared. We suggest you bring plenty of water and a portable chair. We may not be able to accommodate everyone inside the shelter depending on demand.
- We will be updating everyone throughout the day on how many pets are still available for adoption. Numbers will be posted outside the shelter and on social media.
- It’s a good idea to fill out an adoption application at home and bring it with you to expedite the process. Adoption applications can be found here.
- A valid ID will be required for adoptions. Adopters must be 18.
- If you are interested in adopting a specific animal but wish to meet with other animals before making a final decision, please understand that we cannot place a hold on any of the animals while you are making your decision. We adopt out on a first come first served basis.
- No outside animals are allowed at APS during this event.
- Cat and Small Animal Adoptions: if you have a cat carrier or other mode of transport (or could borrow one), please bring it with you.
- Dog Adoptions: please bring a leash and collar with you, but we also have a limited selection available for purchase.
- We welcome you to have a photo taken of your family with your new pet by one of our photographers!