Personality Color: blueBlue dogs are easy going and easily adapt to new situations. They are generally calm, may be playful but not overly exuberant, and will likely be happy doing just about anything with you. These dogs will be a good fit for just about any home, and would be great for first-time dog owners.
Pretzel has been spending some time in foster, here’s what the humans have to say about her:
- She spends most of her day sleeping or chewing on her favorite nylabone. Very low energy and doesn’t run around the house
- She is not terribly cuddly, so no one has to worry about having a 100 lb lap dog
- She is very well-behaved in the house, potty trained and crate trained
- She tends to be reactive upon seeing other dogs out on a walk and will tug on the leash. Definitely needs some work on leash manners (with people too, but less so)
- She is very gentle and sweet! She’s never jumped up on me or any surfaces
Some other things we know about Pretzel:
Friendly, sweet, playful, timid at times
Takes time to warm up to strangers, then friendly
Likes: treats, sniffing, exploring, gentle affection once comfortable
Needs: gentle people, leash manners (hard puller), basic training, positive experiences
Other observations: gentle with treats, knows sit
Kids: 6+, mindful of size, very strong
Dogs : friendly, playful, stiff, etc.